O.K.-Course: »A prelude to German Communication, Academic Culture & Daily Life«
The tailor-made Orientation Course (O.K. = Orientierungskurs) at the RPTU Kaiserslautern-Landau combines language training with integrative elements especially arranged for the needs of graduates.
The main features of the O.K. are:
The Language Component
The language classes consist of 200 teaching units and are provided for different levels of language expertise. Twice a year (February/March & July/August) they start with an intensive block course from 7-8 weeks.
At the beginning of the course the participants have to take a placement test. According to the results, the participants will be placed in several groups with different levels, ranging from beginners (A-1) up to students with advanced knowledge (A2 or B1) of German language. The course comprises a mixture of taught classes, practical training, exercises and hands-on experiences in 'real life'. The language component of the Orientation Course leads to an exam according to the language level.
The Cultural & Social Component
The language classes are embedded into an attractive social & cultural program:
- Effective Communication prior to arrival
- Individual welcome service upon arrival & individual guidance in the first days
- Campus & city tour
- Networking with academic staff, tutors, and other graduates
- Introduction into German Academic Culture
- Excursions in the region & in Germany
- Visits to industries & enterprises
- Social events: hiking, festivities, country evenings, etc.
The Administrative Component
The Orientation Course also comprises comprehensive administrative support services such as accommodation, registration in municipality, visa, health insurance, computer account & library issues, rental contracts, telephone issues, and other specific & individual needs.
Information & Registration Sheets
- Registration for the Orientation Course (in PDF-Format)