What is the project karema about?
The basic idea of the project karema is to support a Principal Investigator-Postdoc matching by bringing together top-class researchers from Kaiserslautern and highly qualified international young researchers (Postdocs).
The key step towards creating your postdoctoral research project within karema consists of a short on-site stay in Kaiserslautern (the “karema Days”). During the karema Days, you will meet with a first-rate researchers in a match-making workshop, have an individual research counseling with him/her in order to advance your research project that will hopefully bring you back to Kaiserslautern.
- Boost your research career.
- Postdoctoral research in the internationally renowned research centers of Kaiserslautern.
- Individual counseling by top-class scientists.
- Exclusive scientific exchange and international networking at an outstanding research center.
The application period of the first edition in 2017 ended on 22nd August 2017. A new edition of karema is envisaged, the application deadline will be announced in due time.
Within karema, you can apply for one of the following three research fields, in which renowned scientists of Kaiserslautern are doing research:
- Mathematical Modelling in the Engineering Sciences.
- Membrane Biology and Systems Biology.
- Optics and Material Sciences.
The Karema project was awarded the Start-Up Prize of International Research Marketing and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Click here for the press release.