Health Insurance / Krankenversicherung

It is obligatory to have suitable health insurance coverage for yourself and for all family members accompanying you. As a student, you are eligible for statutory insurance at the lowest current monthly rate, which is about EUR 115.

Accident Insurance / Unfallversicherung

As an enrolled student, you are insured against accidents at the University during your study period, as well as on your way to University and back home. If you work or have an internship off-campus or even abroad, an individual accident insurance should be taken out.

Liability Insurance / Haftpflichtversicherung

The personal liability insurance is not a mandatory insurance, except when you drive a car! It covers all cases of liability for injury or damage to other persons or their property. It does not matter whether the negligence was yours, that of a family member, or even your pet's – the costs are usually paid!
Check what is covered before signing a contract.

We highly recommend taking out a liability insurance. Experience proves that accidents, e.g., with the bicycle, can happen easily and can become costly . Make sure such an accident does not catch you unprepared. It is about EUR 35 – 50 per year.