Application Documents

University applicants who have obtained their higher education entrance qualification/first degree outside of Germany must apply via the uni-assist portal "My assist". Please find below a list of the required documents. Please do not send original documents. Applicants who apply through uni-assist submit their application documents online only.

The following documents (in English or German) have to be uploaded in My assist by all students along with the online-application form from the uni-assist portal:

  • Motivational letter
  • (High School) Diploma which qualifies you for university admission in your home country, including a subjects and grades overview
  • Transcripts of records with a summary of subjects and grades, if you have already studied in your home country
  • For degree programs taught in German:
    • Deutschprüfung TestDaF – Level 4
      or an equivalent:
      • Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang DSH-2,
      • Deutsches Sprachdiplom der KMK Stufe 2 (DSD II),
      • Prüfungsteil Deutsch der Feststellungsprüfung an Studienkollegs,
      • Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS) or
      • telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
  • For the study programs M.Sc. Environmental Sciences andM.Sc.  Environmental Pollution Management (Ecotoxicology) an English certificate is not a requirement, but a recommendation. It is expected that the applicants and students have advanced English skills, at least on a B2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference in order to study successfully in English.
  • Passport (page with personal data)

  • Bachelor's or equivalent degree from a foreign university with a subjects and grades overview
  • Special professional/academic skills in accordance with the program requirements at the RPTU University of Kaiserslautern–Landau

  • If your degree certificates/ToR have not been issued in English or German: officially certified translations of your documents into German or English
  • Bachelor’s degree programs: university entrance examination (if this is required for university admission in your home country)
  • B.Sc. Psychology (limited admission), Campus Landau: prior application at the portal
  • Certificate of your academic degree and academic transcripts regarding previous studies at a university
  • In case you have already been studying at a German university: Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung (certificate that you have not finally failed an exam; normally issued by the examinations office of your former university)