Regulation for non EU-nationals (only ERASMUS)

Entry & residence regulation for non-EU nationals within an Erasmus exchange

If you are a student or researcher from a non-EU country and you are considering to visit RPTU for an exchange semester within an Erasmus program, please contact Nina Islekyay.

Because of the stricter VISA requirements, non-EU citizens are advised to submit their paperwork approximately 6 months prior to the course begin

The following documents need to be submitted in full not later than 60 days before your arrival in Kaiserslautern:

1. Completed Notification Form

2. Copy of your residence permit for the EU country you are currently residing in (valid for the whole time of your stay in Kaiserslautern and issued for the purpose of study)

3. Proof of means of subsistence - 934,00€/month (e.g. scholarship certificate, confirmation of a blocked account, bank statements etc.)

4. Proof of your health insurance (e.g. EHIC, private health insurance, German public health insurance, travel insurance with minimum coverage of 30.000,00 €)

5. Copy of your passport


After RPTU has received the confirmation of BAMF authority it takes 30 days until the student is allowed to enter Germany!

You will then receive a Mobility Certificate which has the function of a German visa and allows you to stay in Germany for study purposes.


Department of International Affairs


Bldg. 47, Room 626
67663 Kaiserslautern


0631 205 4370


Consultation hours:

in person:


only by phone:




If you want to be part of our social support program for incoming international students, take a look at our special Erasmuscout-Website