Formalities at the End of Your Studies

Prior to leaving RPTU, there will be some more formalities to be dealt with:


If you know exactly when you will leave RPTU, we suggest that you make the necessary preparations well ahead of time. If you are living in private accommodation, these guidelines will help you to take all the necessary steps:

  • Remember to cancel your lease in due time (in most cases you need to give 1-3 months’ notice).
  • Ask your landlord about the process of handing over and renovating the property.
  • Prepare a checklist with all the deadlines you have to meet and everything you have to do.
  • Cancel your registration for gas, electricity, water and your telephone connection (your landlord may help you with this).
  • Arrange to have mail forwarded to your new address and inform your bank about changes regarding your account information.
  • Make an appointment with your landlord the week before you move for handing over the property. Find out when you will receive the deposit and where it will be sent.

If you are living in a student residence:
  • You must meet the cancelation deadline.
  • Notify your caretaker at least four weeks before you move. Your caretaker will talk to you about further steps that need to be taken.
  • Prepare a checklist (see above).

Unregister at the Municipal Registration Office/ Einwohnermeldeamt:

Of course, you also have to unregister at the Einwohnermeldeamt in Kaiserslautern and notify the Ausländerbehörde (immigration authorities).

Removal from Register of Students

You officially finish your studies at the RPTU Kaiserslautern-Landau by getting removed from the register of students. You can obtain a form for this purpose at the Registration Office.